Monday, June 4, 2007

wine of a different flavor

on saturday miriam and i stopped at this cozy little winery just outside of Redbud IL. we really hadnt planned on it but saw it coming back to St.Louis and stopped. ive been to several wineries in Illinois but have never really found a wine that i like. just too much "alcohol" taste.

well we walked in miriam did some tastings, i didnt want to since i typically dont like wine. the lady helping us asked me if i liked sweet or dry. i said sweet really sweet.

so she recommended the raspberry wine and the strawberry wine. i did and i must say i really liked them.

so yes i have found wine that i like but just not GRAPE wine. odd huh?

the raspberry wine is from New Jersey, Alba Vinyard. its award winning. about $15 per bottle. they also make apple wine, blueberry wine. im really tempted to order some. i mean if i like their raspberry, i might like their other non-grape wines lol.

check it out its yummy.

4 comments:

Keli B. said...

i haven't tasted many that i like either. but i did like the Kroshenfeler Blush from Von Jacob Vineyard in Pamona, IL.
i'm all about supportin' south illinois!! whoo hoo!
anyhow, i don't do much wine-tasting these days...
after all, i'm on staff at a baptist church . . . and i love it!

Anonymous said...

i drank Boonesfarm once......

Jack Champaign

Caleb said...

I've never had any wine that I liked. That's probably the number one reason why I don't drink alcohol at all - because I despise the taste. And because I'm a Baptist! Haha...kidding.

Kim said...

You have to try wine from Pamona winery in Pamona. All the wine is made from apples or fruit other than grapes. They are so great... one tastes just like apple pie! YUM!