so i have been working at my new job since monday. i like it. i have learned a lot there. ive learned how to use this crazy 1/2 horse power double needle sewing machine, to sew banners, and how to do dye-sublimation transfers. which is this really cool way to print and transfer dies to fabric. this is used to make flags, banners, carpets...etc.
its a production job so no graphic design :( its hard to be up on my feet all day. so ive been looking for shoes, shoes that will not make my feet and legs hurt at the end of the day. being up on my feet all day makes me so tired.
its hard to go to a job when you want more. i feel like i went through all this college, got this degee and now im at a job that i was doing during college. not even that i was DESIGNING in college. what is the deal? i mean im talented, i have a good portfolio, im a good person. why cant i get i job that fulfills me?
and the worst thing about it is that i feel guilty because i am being ungrateful about the job that we prayed for.
arrgg.
so im looking for shoes that wont make my legs feel like they are going to fall off at the end of the day.
im looking at new balance, but if anyone has any recommendations let me know.
Thursday, May 17, 2007
the shoe search begins
Posted by
Nathan
at
8:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
hmmm....I can't say that I am much of an authority on shoes but I had a pair of New Balances when I ran track in high school and they were probably my favorite pair of running shoes I've ever had. They must have been comfortable - I don't really remember.
I understand the shoe search. When I worked at Lowe's that concrete floor was a pain! I've found that New Balance is the best... I've also found that the less cool styles are the most comfortable. I had a pair of NB 680's that were the best by far. Maybe they have a similar style in mens?
About the Design thing. Keep lookin. You are a great Designer. I don't think that college prepared us for the actual job search and what really to expect. The production artist only gives you more experience in the field. You will be a more desirable employee with more knowledge of the different processes. Maybe find some freelance gigs on the side, those look good on a resume too. That way you are still designing.
I wish you the best in both searches. :)
Post a Comment